Over the Christmas holidays my sister, brother in law and their two daughters visited us in Ottawa. They were a lot of fun. I spent as much time as I could with my nieces. I took Muna to Bayshore Shopping Centre for the day with the promise that she could have anything she wanted in the entire mall (within reason of course). Our only restriction was that it couldn’t be too ‘over the top girly’. We hadn’t been there long and of course she kept finding things and telling me that that was what she wanted... until she saw the next toy display. We decided that we should look through couple of stores rather than rush any decision so we left the first toy store and headed towards Mrs. Tiggiwinkels. On our way she stopped me and screamed “LOOK”. And sure enough in some random store there was one Princess dress on display. It was immediately obvious that leaving with anything other than this dress wasn’t going to happen. I even called my sis to see if this was too girly, but even if she had said that it was, there was no way we were leaving without that dress. So bellow are the end results. It’s a nice dress actually and I wonder if it will still fit her when I see her next.I also dragged her to Blockbusters afterwards to get her mama a present. She was so cute cause she get grabbing DVDs and suggesting we get them for mama. Unfortunately the movie we were looking for was sold out, but they did have the DaVinci Code there, which I and my sister wanted to see. Then of course Muna finds the most perfect movie in the store, Curious George, which we went straight home and watched. Apparently its still a big hit in Minneapolis.

Speaking of Curious George, Hasfa is at that age where she’s crawling all over the place and is curious about everything. She expresses herself with little screams and big smiles, as you can see below. She already has her very first mortal enemy. My mom has this giant white stuffed bear and Hafsa just attacks the thing, playfully of course, which is pretty much the cutest thing ever. I mean the bear is like twice her size and she rolls all over it.I had a pretty rough cold while they were around, I did my best to not infect the girls, but at the same time I couldn’t really keep my distance if I wasn’t gonna see them again for a while. Muna resisted longer than Hafsa, but in the end I got them both. Last I heard they wee both on antibiotics still and Muna had an ear infection.

Its hard to believe that that’s the last time I’ll see all of them until next December. How much bigger will the girls be by then? Will Hafsa be talking? Will Muna be too old for my jokes? We’ll see…