Sunday, October 08, 2006

About Flinders...


I just realised that I don't really know much about Flinders University. I know it's in Adelaide. I know they have a lot of international students. I know they have a medical school. And I know that I'm going there. That's about it. So I thought I'd browse the website about the school & program and post interesting stuff here:

About the School:
Most of this stuff is found through links from this site

  • A key feature of the medical course at Flinders University is that much of the learning in all four years of the course is driven by the students themselves. In years 1 and 2, central components of the course are structured around problem-based tutorials. In years 3 and 4 learning takes place in clinical settings with students acting as unit team members.
  • In year 3 most students undertake a series of rotations through the major medical disciplines (Medicine, Surgery, Women's and Children's Health, General Practice and Psychiatry) in either Adelaide or Darwin; and in year 4, choose from a range of possible clinical attachments
  • The places within the Medical program at Flinders fall into 2 broad categories:Places for Australasian students: up to 105
    Places for International students: up to 20

  • The average maximum summer temperature is 29C, though each year brings one or two hot spells in excess of 35C. Most rain falls in winter, when the average maximum temperature is 16C.
  • MOST IMPORTANTLY, MY EXPECTED COMPLETION DATE IS THE 17TH OF DECEMBER 2010.
I'll add more stuff as I come across it.